One of the kidnapped students of Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, Oluwaseun Mary Olaniyan, has revealed how she escaped from the kidnappers’ den after 11 days in captivity. She was kidnapped along with two other students Oladepo Blessing and Oluwasemilore Mary, who were later found dead.
Olaniyan, a history student said she was kidnapped by four men in a vehicle painted in the state taxi colour at about 6.30pm outside the main gate of the institution.
- “I boarded the taxi cab alongside a lady at the same location.
- Two of them were going to Yaba in Ondo city. As soon as I boarded the vehicle, I became unconscious. I later found myself in a building located inside a thick forest. .
- We were six in the hands of the captors who fed us only with water. We saw strange men coming in a jeep vehicle to collect something we suspected to be human flesh which was concealed in a cellophane bag.
- My escape from the hands of the kidnappers was divine. It was while they were quarrelling that I took the opportunity to escape alongside others into the bush.
- I trekked inside the forest until I got to Ile-Oluji/Ipetu Ijesa road where I met a lady and asked for direction to Ondo town. The lady told me I was very close to Ile-Oluji. When I got to Igbo Oja, I made efforts to reach my mother on her phone”.